Monday, June 29, 2009

Is it Monday already?

This weekend went too fast.

Most weekends go pretty quickly, I guess. It's the nature of the weekend. They're breaks that feel even more fleeting simply because we don't want them to end. We're hanging on with our fingernails, straining to keep Monday at bay.

Unfortunately, it never works, and I always end up staying up way too late on Sunday night, trying to ignore the fact that I have to get up for work in six hours...then five hours...then four hours. I do it to myself every time. Last night I had even more incentive, as it was the only quiet time I had to myself. My son Oliver had kind of a rough day, where he didn't do much napping at all, but then was so overtired at night that he just wouldn't fall asleep. Eventually we got him down, but it was an hours-long job with a lot of screaming.

At least it's a short week. I don't recall this ever happening before, but my company has decided that we should be granted Friday off, seeing as how it's the day before the 4th. They are not usually in the business of giving us strange holidays, so I am definitely not taking it for granted. It will be nice to get out of here early, I know it's going to be an annoying week, with lots of busywork. We don't even have anything planned yet for the 4th, but I'm sure we'll come up with something.

I'm also leaving early tomorrow to take Crystal to the dentist, where she has an appointment to have a tooth pulled. She had a root canal done on it a few months ago but it cracked in half, so now she has this pointy shard in her mouth that keeps cutting the side of her tongue. Lovely. It's about time to just get that thing removed. Unfortunately I'm not just taking the time off; I have to make it up by staying late or coming in early on other days. I've used too much PTO lately, I can't really afford to use up any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment